Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week 3 - Maks Danilin

So for this week I tried to go out to the beach but was met with no sun and intermittent rain.  The shots were limited but I was able to take a cool picture of a bevy of swans on the beach.  The rest of the shots I took at a brook near my house.
The first few shots were at the bottom of a waterfall.  I took a long exposure shot to show the water moving and it gave it a nice effect.  The second is a b/w copy but seemed to lose some of the moving water effect.

 The next few shots I tried to capture the subject, in this case a lily pad, and fill the shot with the ripples of water surrounding it.
 
This shot was a closeup of the water where the lake was being fed into by a stream and then settled out in the distance.  The silvertone filter gave it an almost liquid mercury look.

For the last shot, I tried to really accentuate the ripples in the water by using the HDR effect in my editing program.  I used a silvertone effect instead of the b/w to create a better contrast in the water. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Maks! The last shot really sings with light and energy. It is quite strong. The lily pads shot is strong in B and W. I like the depth of field fall off and the rhythmic pattern you set up. I agree that the color version of the moving water is stronger... I don't often say that...

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete