Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sarina Lungarini -Week 3 part 1

So I don't live near the sea or ocean, however I do live by this little brook, I waited for a sunny day (the weather's been a bit crappy lately)
I've also been trying to feather them and I can't seem to understand how to do it, I've watched the video but I can't get it to work with me.


some kind of animal hole I tried to emphasize it but it's more hidden now than it was it seems, I tried to make it less bright but it looked really bad so I kept it


these two I did pretty much the same thing, playing with color, contrast, and brightness 
they are views from both sides of the brook

I emphasized the yellow, green, and red in this photo.

These are only some of the photos I took I plan on editing more and posting them (I'm also going to Milford tomorrow so I am hoping to get some ocean pictures as well)

2 comments:

  1. Sarina,

    I really like your second, third and fourth pictures. I tried to do something with a hole near a creek in one of my pictures as well. I have not posted it yet but you will see what I mean once I edit. I like the second and third picture because it leaves room for imagination to where the water may go. For your last picture, I like how you really bring the viewer in close to see the yellow contrasting off of the lily pad. I like seeing the water surrounding the lily pads. It almost looks like bubbles. Good job again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the close up of the lily pads and water. The composition and light is very strong. The diagonal line created by the water in the third shot is effective. The saturation level of the green in the top 3 images is a bit strong and perhaps too much of a good thing.

    Sometimes the best weather to shoot in nature is on rainy or overcast days... of course you don't want to get soaked yourself... but water is quite beautiful to shoot under "quiet light" conditions.

    ReplyDelete