Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Intro and Project Ideas

Hello everyone!

My name is Tanya and I am a senior at Albertus. I am studying Accounting - but have always had a love for the arts. I took Digital Photography I two years ago and have decided to take the second part. I have been conflicted in my decision on what to do for my Mod project. However, I have a couple ideas. The first is to use track 2 and try multiple different methods of photography throughout the mod. I would like to focus on scenes that move me. I have had a really tough year in regards to loss and just see the world in a much more beautiful light now. I would like to focus on lighting, nature, and placement of the subjects or items in the picture. My other thought is to go with track 1 and focus on scenes in either black and white or sepia. I absolutely love black and white or sepia pictures of nature. Bodies of water, trees, and mountains are just so gorgeous. The Etherton Gallery really draws my attention. I could potentially integrate both tracks and focus on the black and white or sepia, but also try a new type of subject each two week period. Nature, people, urban settings, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Good start Tanya... My feeling is that you are reaching for very a broad range of styles... Here is a link to the artists represented by the Etherton Gallery: http://www.ethertongallery.com/html/artists.php copy and paste it into your browser... these names represent the gamut of all the important styles/movements in photography in the 20th century. See if you can fin one artist who most works in the style you envision for yourself. Post a link to the work. That way we can get down to specifics... the what , when and where of how you can make that happen... it is an important first step. Of course you can keep searching for others to show as well beyond the Etherton artists...

    ReplyDelete