Sunday, June 22, 2014

second post of the week

I have found that it's actually been a bit challenging to try to mimic Keith Carter's work. Just finding the perfect pictures is a struggle. When you add the lighting and effects of color, it is definitely tricky. I do think I am moving in the right direction though!





I can't really say that there was a concrete theme in the photos taken - more so just of what spoke to me. I did pay more attention to the editing in terms of contrast. I've found that I am a fan of the nature photos and of still photos. I believe that almost all of Keith Carter's photos fall into those two categories as well. And the journey continues....



1 comment:

  1. The very act of going out shooting and having the visual world speak to you is what it's really all about. Looking at Keith Carter's work is important but that doesn't mean we copy it exactly per se. what is most important is what you are looking at and discovering and editing.

    Starting from the top, the shot of your cat is cropped nicely...the light is working well on her face. This photograph is full-size as well which is nice to see.

    The rose must be lovely incolor... when we work in black and white the language is all about value differences, composition, and light and shadow. Clarity, simplicity and clean design are most important. If you have roses in your yard, perhaps take a look at some excellent examples of rose photography to see what you might do to tighten this one up a bit. Keep working with them...

    I like the dramatic sky in the golf course shot... I would lasso the land in the foreground, feather it, and use the levels adjustment to lighten it up a bit.

    The last one is fun in it's simplicity. This one is an example of the image being very small again. I'm wondering if it's the way you're uploading your images or if it's something you're doing in Photoshop?

    Keep going!

    ReplyDelete