Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sarina Lungarini Week 2

So for my assignment I mostly went around my yard with my dog accompanying me as well as around my dad's workplace. I was playing with the greyscale as well as the duotone, however this blog can't seem to upload the ones with duotone, I can't figure out how to get them to save as jpeg. I guess they can't? I also worked with contrast and brightness, though I was having trouble with photoshop as it occasionally wouldn't respond.

picnic bench near my dad's work

playing with greyscale on this one.

another part of the picnic table, I closed in on this  part of the chain.


this was an image I tried the duotone with and it didn't work so instead I greyscaled it and brightened it up and lowered the contrast.

I used greyscale on this but I made it a lighter color than the other.

I closed in on bark of a tree
Here I played with the brightness and contrast
I'm not sure if this last picture fits this weeks standards, I wanted to focus in on my dog but he jumped back as soon as I clicked my photo, I was trying to find ways to hone in on my dog but I'm still not used to photoshop, I thought I would post it in case there were ideas about it.



3 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure if all of these photos met this weeks criteria if not I would like to know what I can do to improve them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right... Well the idea was to work with the "built" environment...not nature, animals, flowers, rocks, etc. To that end, the strongest are the first one with the lock and the keys on the table or deck. I also like the curb with a different take on the editing. I'll post the lock and curb to show you the difference.. the keys on the table don't need further editing... Go Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarina,

    I love all the photos.You have a strong eye for the abstract (I think the is the right term). Prof. Nevins will have to correct me if I am wrong. I am trying to improve on my "eye for the abstract".

    ReplyDelete