Saturday, June 7, 2014

Maks Danilin - Week 2

For this weeks assignment, I went downtown to New Haven and walked around looking for different architectural styles.  I ended up taking pictures of the vast selection of buildings downtown while trying to keep with the assignment's guidelines of shapes, reflections, light and pattern. The first three shots were of the new Gateway CC building.  I decided to go with B/W for the first to put more emphasis on the angles of the building rather than the colors and material.
I was able to zoom in on a corner office with a intricate window design. 
 Same Building but different office.
 This was the parking garage on Temple st.  I played with the lightness/darkness between the levels of the garage to create more of a Gothic look.
 This is above the peoples bank and showed some great patterns.  I didn't touch this shot up too much, only raised the saturation a little to bring the colors out.
This building's gold tinted windows always catch my eye when I am leaving new haven.  The old courthouse reflection in a modern building made this my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Maks! You understood the assignment and did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maks,

    Those are really great shot. I really like the angles of the first four. I also like the last one the reflection of the one building off another building. I am close to New Haven so I will have to look around to find those buildings.

    ReplyDelete