Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sarina Lungarini Week 6

Oh wow, this was a really difficult week. I took so many photos trying to "fry the egg" just right....unfortunately I am unsure if I did, I do think the photos I took and edited are really good I mean even though some aren't in a window they have the light from a window reflecting on themselves.


first of all, this is my friend Stace (Stacy), I took this early in the morning and I tried to edit the brightness, I tried to get as close as I could to focus on her face, I love her dramatic simple face and even though I did take it with some harsh light I really love how the black and white came out, I also made it not in black and white making her seem fiercer (which she is)


now even though I should have taken one at a time, my parents are too precious to not capture together.
I took these around noon so the light is not as bright as it appears, I like the first one a bit more as the focal point is themselves. Even though I told them to simply relax they kept giggling like school children, the first one the window is on my dad's side and it makes his face seem darker and my mom's seem brighter. The second one I have them facing the window, my mom is leaning on my father while my father is looking down.

Now here it's just my mom, I played around with some of the color to make her seem less red, this is another one I enjoy. I again played with some of the brightness.
d
Ok this one I cheated with, it's not a person and I didn't plan it at all, my dog was just sitting near the window I grabbed my camera and just started snapping photos. I darkened it quite a bit to emphasize the light on him.

And the last one I have is my brother, he is another goofball not knowing what to do, I darkened him a bit more to emphasize the light to also try and show his character a bit more.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful series Sarina! Your parents are precious and your brother a champ to cooperate with you. Working with people is much harder than things... your easy command of the situation comes through... not that it wasn't a challenge!

    I am very happy to see how you understood the way directional light works on the face and how it leads to expressive and honest portraiture.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete