Monday, July 14, 2014

Sarina Lungarini- Week 7

I traveled to several places, though it was hard for me to zoom in on certain things that I really wanted to capture
Here I visited Italy, and I really wanted to capture these statues so I adjusted brightness and contrast 


this was in St. Petersburg Russia, I thought the fountain was just gorgeous so I zoomed in as much as I could and I cropped quite a bit so I could just get this, however it's not exactly the angle I would prefer, but it's something I couldn't help unless I went there myself.

These were also in Russia, and i played a lot with the color on the Second one but the first one was mostly contrast and brightness.


These last two are from Venice, a place I hope to visit in the future. I love the landscape of it and played a lot with color and brightness.

While this assignment was interesting, I must admit it wasn't my favorite, I would have much rather actually visited these places and taken my own photos.



1 comment:

  1. My favorite one is the bottom shot... It is the one that most illustrates a strong grasp of design and visual thinking. Each element contributes to the whole... nothing is extraneous. The curving canal presents a compelling focal point and tells us much about the beauty of Venice.

    See how the image immediately above it is not as strong from a design and light point of view?

    The domed rooftop in Russian has a good symmetrical framing and it works pretty well with the blue sky and clouds.

    The top one of the architecture and fountains in Italy also show an awareness of symmetrical framing... A good thing. Admittedly, there are limits to this approach as you may have moved a couple of feet to the left if you were there in person.

    Still... the idea of this assignment is to reinforce visual thinking and design as an important first step before pressing the shutter button when you are out in the world shooting...

    ReplyDelete