Saturday, July 12, 2014

Virtual Photography Trip - Maks Danilin

For this weeks assignment, I searched through airpano.com's hundreds of aerials and found parts of cities and structures that had design that stood out.  My first picture is of Holland's tulip fields.  I cropped the red field and kept the green on the outside to give it contrast.  I also increased the saturation to help the red stand out.  I also like how the leading lines add depth to the shot.
 The second shot is of a monastery in Greece.  I enjoy the shot because of the mix of natural and man-made structure.  I increased the saturation to bring out the colors in the stonework being lit by the sunset.
 For the next shot I found a panorama of a flooded city in Russia.  The calm water made for a great reflection shot.  I cropped out the reflection of the setting sun and sharpened the tower to draw the eye to it. 
 This shot is the front entrance of the Taj Mahal.  I like the intricate design in the stone work and the way the white marble looks in sunset light.  I decided not to crop out the people in the shot to show the enormity of the entrance.  I played with the levels and saturation to get the shot to where I wanted.  I also darkened the top corner of the picture to draw attention away from the background and keep the attention on the face of the building.


 The last shot it another tulip field in Holland.  I chose this shot because of the wind turbine's massive size and the disparity between the trees beneath it.  I played with the levels to get the white blades to not look blown out and increased the saturation to showcase the many colors of tulip fields.

2 comments:

  1. Another excellent series, Maks. You clearly show that you know how to think in visual terms and to use those elements of design to select strong, compelling images. The art of photography, in large part, is all about selection. How can each element we include in a photograph contribute to the whole? Everything in the frame counts. Being aware of that makes the difference between strong and weak images.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete