Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Double post

Last week was a very tough week and although I took a whole bunch of shots, I was unable to post them. I tried to post them Sunday night but apparently did not publish them! Anyway, here's a double post. There is not really a theme here. Anything that caught my eye, I decided to just try to take a shot. I did include one photo that I took in Ireland a few months back that I just love and wanted to edit it for my project.
















 
I think I my skills of editing have certainly increased. I do recognize that maybe I need to work on the focus of the photo rather than try to capture the whole beauty of the moment. I have a few favorite photos in this post: the squirrel eating the acorn, the flower up close, and the garden gnome! There's something about black and white photos that make everything feel vintage and super awesome! This is a really great project.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, good Tanya. There is strength in numbers... the more you shoot and edit, the better your work gets. The bottom 2 show a good sense of design. Design is one of the main devices we use to create compelling images... (Content of course is ultimately what it is about). I like the hat on the table. The simplicity and the quality of the light is strong. The sea in the 3rd one down has a good composition and movement. It works well in B and W. I have to say the gnome may be my least favorite... not because he isn't likable, or that there is something wrong with the execution but one of the themes I am trying to reinforce is when is a photograph about more than just the object photographed? How does metaphor, memory or poetry enter? (One spends a lifetime answering this question!)

    Keep shooting!

    ReplyDelete