Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 8 and final post.

This has been quite the journey. My photographic eye has changed dramatically. In completing this project for photography, I have discovered that I actually do have a hidden artist within myself deep down. I am not able to look at shots differently and decide whether they would fit with my work or not. Researching and following Keith Carter has been exciting. Black and white photos are vintage, and have a special air to them. It feels like home to me. So, in my final goodbye... I have captured all of my best shots of this week....














 
I have enjoyed this artistic journey immensely. Until we meet again....

1 comment:

  1. This journey is one that can keep you going for many years. It is a big step forward to study the work of another and reflect about the elements that make it work or not and how you can apply that thought to your own work. As I said to Maks, the best work is intentional and each element is understood to contribute to the meaning and message of the photograph. In fact, the concept that photographs can have deep meaning beyond merely recording where you have been in you life is a huge leap in itself.

    I appreciated you weekly posts... keep studying. Go to shows... There is an excellent one in New Haven right now contrasting the work of Paul Caponigro ( my true guide and mentor when I was a student) and Bruce Davidson, at the British Art Center through mid-September. It's free.. check it out!

    Take care....

    ReplyDelete