Sunday, July 13, 2014

Virtual Photos

This weeks assignment was rather fun. Using Snipping Tool was actually fun and useful. 
For this picture I liked the lines along with the color. I set the contrast high to really bring out the green, red, and the awning color. 

For this photo, I just left it alone. The colors on the buildings surrounded by the overcast clouds and somewhat dimness of the town makes this picture different. 


I really like the angle of this photo. The houses on this angle makes the white stand out. I took a shot of the rooftops but they did not come out as expected. 


I set this photo b&w. I really like the contrast black railings against the white walls. 


This picture I set the contrast really high (right before it became overly distorted) to bring out the reflection of what is in front of the ac units. 


For this photo, I had to crop it a lot and set the  rotation to .5 twice equaling to 1 ccw to make the lines straight. I also brightened it to really make the shelf stand out from the shadow it was hiding behind. 


For the next photo, I realized that I could have zoomed in on the details on the walls, but I wanted to make the windows stand out. The shadows from each window was my focus here. 


This next shot is my favorite. I like the reflection of the city on the side of the building. The angle makes the building look like it will go on for awhile. 


I like this view from the window. For me it gives the depth of the height of the building. It gives an eerie feeling of looking down the side of the structure. 



For this shot, I really wanted the umbrella to stand out against the sand. I set the brightness and contrast higher. I like the shadow from the sun on both objects.


I took this one for the the top of the eye. Its bright to make the focal point to make the pods stand out. 


I switched the steps to b&w and cropped it to avoid the photo tag that was on it.  




2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Sherard! All of the captures show me that you are getting a good feel for visual design and visual thinking. The big question is to always ask, how does each element I include contribute to the whole? Where is the focal point? What do I want to emphasize?

    You clearly are demonstrating this to me... when you are out shooting in the world with your camera... if you keep dwelling on these ideas, you work will dramatically improve.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have really enjoyed the class. Like I said weeks ago, it has made me see the world differently. Things I would have never paid attention to, I am examining through the eyes, and angles, of a photo. Thanks for the guidance. Here is my fotothing name SherardS. I will try to post more pictures. Thanks again.

      Sherard

      Delete