Monday, July 7, 2014

Window Portrait - Maks Danilin



This week’s assignment, as everyone has mentioned, was definitely harder than it sounded.  I took hundreds of pictures of countless angles and at different times of the day to play with the shadow placement on my subjects face.  Here are my favorite two, the rest in fotothing.  The first picture I chose because of the unique shadow the drapes cast.  The original picture was shot horizontally and left too much room between the subject and the window so I chose to crop the picture.
 For the second shot, I used the blinds to add shadow to the subjects face.  I darkened the blinds of the shot because it seemed so bright that it took the attention off the subject. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... these are nice. The moodiness of the top one due to the broken shadow and light and the perfect framing, composition, lighting, pose and expression of the bottom one makes these the best ones I have seen in a long time.

    I don't ave your fotothing url... if you could post it here so I can check out your other work, that would be great.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not exactly sure how to share my fotothing. I figured it was connected to you from the link you sent. My username is danilinm7196 so I'm guessing www.fotothing.com/danilinm7196/ Let me know if this doesn't work and how I should find the link.

      Delete